DTS successful delete file from destination

• DTS package created to download FTP files. All task are performed successfully, files are pulled view FTP task on to the destination folder. I can see the file populated under the dest folder.

DTS package message displayed successfully loaded but then file gets deleted from the destination folder.

Tasks performed-ActiveXscript,dynamic properties and FTP task.

1.  vbscript

Function Main()

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

txtstrWeek = inputbox("Enter the weekly date PRV414 you wish to import on (yyyymmdd format)")

i_Day = Cint(Mid(txtstrWeek ,7, 2 ))

i_Month = Cint(Mid(txtstrWeek ,5, 2 ))

i_Year = Cint(Left(txtstrWeek,4))

strWeek = DateSerial( i_Year , i_Month ,i_Day )

MyWeekDay = weekday(strWeek)

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

DTSGlobalVariables("strDestinationDir").Value = "\\newpafs1\data reporting$\Reference_Files_State\PRV414"

DTSGlobalVariables("strSourceFTPDir").Value = "'PRV414W.BU.zip';'PROMISe';''"

DTSGlobalVariables("strLogFile").Value = "\\newpafs1\data reporting$\Reference_Files_State\PRV414\LOG\objPRV414Log.txt"

DTSGlobalVariables("strZipArchiveDir").Value = "\\newpafs1\data reporting$\Reference_Files_State\PRV414\Archive"

DTSGlobalVariables("FileName").Value = "PRV414W.BU.zip"

DTSGlobalVariables("glbFTPSource_wd").value = MyWeekDay

DTSGlobalVariables("RptWeek").Value = txtstrWeek 

' Check to see if a log file exists if it does open it.  If not create it.

'

Set objFSO  = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")

If not objFSO.FileExists(DTSGlobalVariables("strLogFile").Value ) then

Set  master = objfso.CreateTextFile(DTSGlobalVariables("strLogFile").Value )

master.WriteLine "File CREATED @ " & now

master.WriteLine "          In PRV414 Check Routine @ " & now

Else

Set  master = objFSO.OpenTextFile((DTSGlobalVariables("strLogFile").Value ),8)

master.WriteLine

master.WriteLine "File OPENED @ " & now

master.WriteLine "          In PRV414 Check Routine @ " & now

End if

' check to see if DAT file exists

'

Set FSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") 

If FSO.FileExists((DTSGlobalVariables("strDestinationDir").Value ) &  "\PRV414MW.BU.dat") then

master.WriteLine "DTSTaskExecResult_FAILURE - prv414W.bu.dat EXISTS it should not exist at this point  @ " & now        

Main = DTSTaskExecResult_Failure

Else

master.WriteLine "DTSTaskExecResult_SUCCESS - prv414W.bu.dat DOES NOT  EXISTS  at this point  @ " & now        

Main = DTSTaskExecResult_Success

End if

' check to see if ZIP file exists

'

Set oFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") 

If oFSO.FileExists((DTSGlobalVariables("strDestinationDir").Value ) &  "\" & (DTSGlobalVariables("FileName").Value ) ) then

master.WriteLine "DTSTaskExecResult_FAILURE - prv414W.bu.zip EXISTS it should not exist at this point  @ " & now        

Main = DTSTaskExecResult_Failure

Else

master.WriteLine "DTSTaskExecResult_SUCCESS - prv414W.bu.zip DOES NOT  EXISTS  at this point  @ " & now        

Main = DTSTaskExecResult_Success

End if

master.WriteLine   "FILE CLOSED @" & now

master.close

set objFSO = nothing

set FSO = nothing

set oFSO = nothing

set master = nothing

set objFSOFolder = nothing

End Function

2.  DYNAMIC PROPERITIES CREATED AS MENTIONED IN VBSCRIPT

3.  FTP task has connection to the FTP server and destination folder mapped.

File is being downloaded to dest folder but upon completion is deleted.

Please let me know if script is coded incorrectly.

Thanks

spag

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• Nothing jumps out at me. Try watching your flow and put a MsgBox in a script between each step so you can look at what step the file is deleted.

• Thanks for the response.

Each task is successfully completed.  File is begin grabbed from the FTP server and transferred to the destination folder. I can see the file being populated and transferred.  Then it gets deleted from the destination folder. 

Is the size of the file one of the causes.  Zip File = 13,264KB.  ? 

My next steps was to unzip / extract file / transfer data to sql and parse data.

Any help will be appreciated.  Thanks -

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply