DTS to Access

• I set up a DTS package to export data to an Access database. The DTS package runs fine. But when I scheduled it to run, it fails when the job is executed. I get this ugly error:

Executed as user: WANLINK\SQLServerAgent. ... DTSStep_DTSExecuteSQLTask_1 DTSRun OnStart: DTSStep_DTSExecuteSQLTask_3 DTSRun OnStart: DTSStep_DTSExecuteSQLTask_2 DTSRun OnStart: DTSStep_DTSExecuteSQLTask_4 DTSRun OnError: DTSStep_DTSExecuteSQLTask_1, Error = -2147467259 (80004005) Error string: [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Cannot start your application. The workgroup information file is missing or opened exclusively by another user. Error source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers Help file: Help context: 0 Error Detail Records: Error: -2147467259 (80004005); Provider Error: 1901 (76D) Error string: [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Cannot start your application. The workgroup information file is missing or opened exclusively by another user. Error source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers Help file: Help context: 0 DTSRun OnFinish: DTSStep_DTSExecu... Process Exit Code 9. The step failed.

• When you schedule a package to run as a job it will run on the Server instead of your local machine. Make sure the Server running the dts job is configured as needed (the server is not pointing to the correct .MDW file)

HTH - Corey

• And to make it point to the right .MDW use the Following RegKey to set the Path

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Jet\4.0\Engines\SystemDB

* Noel

• It is pointing at the correct MDW file.

• I have same error with scheduled dts accesing an access with workgroup file, but its weird, because when i run this dts (even when the access file is open by other user)... this work fine, but not in scheduled job.  

Someone have and idea????  

Carlos E. Mosquera

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply