DTS to Linux

• Hello,

I need to pull some log files off a linux machine (web server) into my data warehouse. Is this possible to do in DTS? If so, what would be the recommendation.

Thanks,

• This is possble using DTS. Two options I can think of are

1. FTP the files to the local server and then import them

2. Use a product such as samba to create a share on the linux box and import from there.

• happycat59 (9/16/2009)

This is possble using DTS. Two options I can think of are

1. FTP the files to the local server and then import them

2. Use a product such as samba to create a share on the linux box and import from there.

Buddy, at least tell the guy to use a right FTP tool becuase i know there are some FTP tools that have virus/malware, so i reccommend you use FTP Voyage. And use an updated samba version to import.

• Or just use the native FTP tools available on windows or linux systems. Why bother with downloading 3rd party FTP tools?

• The OP was asking whether something was possible which is what I answered. He wasn't after recommendations on particular products. Yes I did mention samba ("a product like samba") - because not a lot of people are actually aware that you can make Unix file systems visible to Windows users.

I certainly am in agreeance with Lynn wrt using native products available with the various product/tools/operating systems. These are generally free with the product, work well and free from viruses etc.

And finally, after over 12 months, I am a little surprised that this topic has activity

• hey man, third-party tools have added and updated features to it so

don't say they are not and native ftp doesn't come with updates and upgrades like third-party ftp tools does. i have used commercial ftp tools for a long time and believe me they have benefited me more than the default one that comes with your own system. so i think you should rethink twice before posting such a response to this guy.

walterjone96:-)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply