DTS transfert AS400 --> SQL Server 2000

• I have an ODBC link to DB2 Database. I can see the values of the DB2's tables in Access but not in SQL Server DTS.

IN DTS, I connect the Source but when i want to see the values in the Data transformation task, i have this message :

HResult of 0x90040e37 (-2147217865) returned. Erreur inattendue. Un résultat d'erreur a été renvoyé sans message d'erreur.

Someone have a solution?

• This particular error indicates that the DTS process cannot see the target table. If this is the case:

(1) Are the ODBC connection strings the same in DTS and Access?

(2) Did you run the DTS process from the same machine that you run Access on?

(3) Was the DTS process run manually (you started it from Enterprise Manager, for example) or automatically (through a scheduled job)

What I am suspecting is that there is either a component difference, or a permission difference, between the DTS process and the Access process. If both were run on the same machine, and both manually, I would look at the Connection string. If run under different login/users, I would look at the permissions of the DTS user. If it is being run automatically or through a Stored Procedure, I would look at the access rights of the SQL Server and SQL Server Agent logins.

• Did you configure a linked server or are you just connecting on the fly within DTS?

• AS400 --> SQL? That's great, I should set that up here. Do you have any links that could help me out?

(sorry to answer a question with a question 🙂

Signature is NULL

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply