DTS - VB.Net controlling the row delimiter

• I am using SQL 2k and VB.Net 2003

I have successfully created a package in SQL, saved it as vb and converted it into vb.net. The package saves back to SQL with no problems.

It fails to execute whith the error "Flat file rowset providor incomplete file format information". When I open the package in EM the error is in the text file connection properties definition. I need to change the Row delimiter from none to {LF}, the modified package runs perfectly.

I have saved a vb file before the modification and after and compared the files (using Source Safe) and there are no differences.

Does anyone know how to manipulate the Row Delimiter from VB.Net.

TIA

MAF

• The Row Delimiter is a member of the OLEDBProperty Collection of the Connection Object.

From the Package2 Hierarchy...

Connections...Connection2.ConnectionProperties.OLEDBProperty("Row Delimiter").Value

HTH,

-Mike Gercevich

• Thanks Mike

For some reason SourceSafe was not showing the differences between the 2 files (or I was not saving them correctly) and I could not locate the Row Delimiter line, eventually it displayed and I got the problem fixed.

After that it was a matter of testing the input file for CrLf or just Lf and now it works fine.

Thank you

MAF

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply