DTSRun

• I run a DOS batch job using DTSRun to populate my tables. I need to know if the DTS was successful or not. I know about xp_sendmail but the batch job runs on Sunday and receiving an email on Monday would be to late. The job also runs other programs that use the database so there is a need have the batch job check the success of the DTS and stop if there was a problem. Any suggestions?

Ed Payne

Ed Payne

• Log things from teh DTS pacakge. Either use the logging of the tasks, of write an ActiveX task to help.

Then run findstr from your batch file on the log file and see if errors return. You can check for any output from the findtstr and use that to note an error.

Steve Jones

steve@dkranch.net

• You can also use workflow to alert you... If a step fails, then run this... I would also do what Steve suggested as well. But if it were always a certain step that fails, you could then add to the package - the workflow item "on failure"... John Aspenleiter

John Aspenleiter

• Thanks for your reply, it got me going in the right direction and I'm successful in checking the DTS package.

quote:

Log things from teh DTS pacakge. Either use the logging of the tasks, of write an ActiveX task to help.

Then run findstr from your batch file on the log file and see if errors return. You can check for any output from the findtstr and use that to note an error.

Steve Jones

steve@dkranch.net

Ed Payne

Ed Payne

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply