DTSRuntimewrap ver. 10 and .net framework 3.5 SP1

• Dear all,

Recently I had installed .net framework 3.5 SP1 on my dev and production server.

I also inherited a custom component in SSIS 2005 that using a reference to Microsoft.SQLServer.DTSRuntimewrap.

Before installing .net framework 3.5 SP1, this DTSRuntimewrap is using version 9.0.242.0.

After I installed .net framework 3.5 SP1, this DTSRuntimewrap automatically using version 10.0.0.0.

The problem is on the script to acquire connection. Here is the script :

Public Overloads Overrides Sub AcquireConnections(ByVal transaction As Object)

If Not ComponentMetaData.RuntimeConnectionCollection(0).ConnectionManager Is Nothing Then

Dim cm As ConnectionManager = Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Runtime.DtsConvert.ToConnectionManager(ComponentMetaData.RuntimeConnectionCollection(0).ConnectionManager)

Try

Dim cmADO As ConnectionManagerAdoNet = CType(cm.InnerObject, ConnectionManagerAdoNet)

_oraConnection = CType(cmADO.AcquireConnection(transaction), OracleConnection)

Catch ex As Exception

_oraConnection = CType(cm.InnerObject, IDTSConnectionManagerDatabaseParameters90).GetConnectionForSchema

End Try

_isConnected = True

End If

'MyBase.AcquireConnections(transaction)

End Sub

The blue line of error appears on the script that i bold.

Anyone could help how to convert this into compatible script for DTSTimewrap version 10? Or did I missing something else?

Any help would be appreciated 🙂

• bambang (10/13/2010)

_oraConnection = CType(cm.InnerObject, IDTSConnectionManagerDatabaseParameters90).GetConnectionForSchema

Wouldn't this need to be changed to

_oraConnection = CType(cm.InnerObject, IDTSConnectionManagerDatabaseParameters100).GetConnectionForSchema

if the version of the runtimewrap dll is 10.0.0.0...

If you open the dll in the object browser and browse through, you should be able to find the interfaces available there.

Cheers,

Shiva.

---------
    Cheers,
    Shiva.

• Same Problem here to ?

I dont find the ComponentMetaData Property in the Microsoft.SqlServer.PipelineHost version 10.0.0.0.

Do I have to Uninstall .Net framework 3.5 and revert back to 2.0 to get this Property ?

Any suggestions are highly valuable ??

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply