Duplicate username

• I'm having trouble with somebody with the same username as me.

That horrible person who stole my username... it's always me!

The whole story:

I registered at SSC for the first time in 2003 with my current username "Gianluca Sartori" and a different email account, the one I had where I used to work. In 2006 I changed job and I lost my SSC password, so I set up a new account with the same username.

This should not be allowed in my opinion, but, since it worked, I didn't find it a problem.

The problem raises with private messages: when you send a PM to me, it doesn't come to my account, but to my previous account!!

It took me some days to figure it out.

I passed the last hour trying all my "usual" passwords in my previous account and (at last!!) I succeeded. My PM folders were full of unread messages.

Is it possibile to move these messages to my new account and deactivate the old account?

Thank you very much

Gianluca

-- Gianluca Sartori

• Hi,

This is actually the same issue that someone else experienced this morning (see the post about not being able to see PMs). We don't currently have a way of combining two accounts.

There is no theoretical reason that we wouldn't be able to combine two accounts though (or rather migrate all details from one account to another and delete the old one). I will have one of my team look into writing a script that would adjust the database appropriately.

Mel

Mel HarbourProject ManagerRed Gate Software

• Thanks, I would really appreciate it.

-- Gianluca Sartori

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply