During the posts or replys, problem with FireFox

• Ok have problem during the new threads or reply, working on FireFox to many times have problem so sometimes I should wait for a long time or wining error msg "The page cannot displayed"!

Can you check this issue, for the FireFox!

I don't know what happened with other browsers, excep IE where it works perfect!

============================================================
    SELECT YOUR PROBLEM FROM SSC.com WHERE PROBLEM DESCRIPTION =
    http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Best+Practices/61537/[/url]

• Dugi (9/18/2009)

Ok have problem during the new threads or reply, working on FireFox to many times have problem so sometimes I should wait for a long time or wining error msg "The page cannot displayed"!

I don't know what happened with other browsers, excep IE where it works perfect!

Dont think it is limited to firefox, I have endless problems with this site recently, from asp errors coming up, to service not available, to posts not appearing and timing out. I have actually lost replies that I was writing due to it timing out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [highlight]Recommended Articles on How to help us help you and[/highlight]
    [highlight]solve commonly asked questions[/highlight]

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help by Jeff Moden[/url]
    Managing Transaction Logs by Gail Shaw[/url]
    How to post Performance problems by Gail Shaw[/url]
    Help, my database is corrupt. Now what? by Gail Shaw[/url]

• Dugi: That happens to me sometimes, it usually works after I hit the refresh button (I'm using chrome 3.0).

[font="Times New Roman"]-- RBarryYoung[/font], [font="Times New Roman"] (302)375-0451[/font] blog: MovingSQL.com, Twitter: @RBarryYoung[font="Arial Black"]
    Proactive Performance Solutions, Inc.
    [/font]
    [font="Verdana"] "Performance is our middle name."[/font]

• Silverfox (9/18/2009)

Dugi (9/18/2009)

Ok have problem during the new threads or reply, working on FireFox to many times have problem so sometimes I should wait for a long time or wining error msg "The page cannot displayed"!

Dont think it is limited to firefox, I have endless problems with this site recently, from asp errors coming up, to service not available, to posts not appearing and timing out. I have actually lost replies that I was writing due to it timing out.

Silverfox: That sounds more like you might be running afoul of the backup schedule. My suspicion is that they've tuned backup recently to make it faster. Unfortunately, in my experience, making backups faster often has the side-effect of making everything else slower.

[font="Times New Roman"]-- RBarryYoung[/font], [font="Times New Roman"] (302)375-0451[/font] blog: MovingSQL.com, Twitter: @RBarryYoung[font="Arial Black"]
    Proactive Performance Solutions, Inc.
    [/font]
    [font="Verdana"] "Performance is our middle name."[/font]

• Dugi (9/18/2009)

Hi Dugi,

If possible, can you let us know:

• When the problem happened (even rough date/time would be good)
    • Version numbers of Firefox

And I'll have one of my team look into it for you!

Mel

Mel HarbourProject ManagerRed Gate Software

• Be aware the first couple hours of the newsletter send (9pm MST), things slow way down. We are working on new hardware to alleviate that.

• As always Latest version of FireFox! Usually during the new posts, sometimes on replies so for reading is not problem!

• Site seems to be a bit better now, not seeing all the asp error pages coming up as much

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help by Jeff Moden[/url]

• I mentioned that it happens sometimes not every time ....anyway it happens when you should post the reply immediately, and simple it doesn't work for the moment, then after 30 min or less it works again everything OK!

I just posted with FireFox ...without any problem! - Seems now it is OK!

• I think the root cause of a lot of these problems is the load on the servers, which they're not handling very well at times. As we've said, we're in the process of getting some new hardware commissioned, and we're also going to be looking at how we can restructure things under the hood to make things run smoother still.

Mel

Mel HarbourProject ManagerRed Gate Software

• Keep getting these errors, is this supposed to happen when your jobs are running.

The following error occurred...

Sorry the application encountered an unexpected error. Information about this error has been logged. If you continue to receive this message please contact the board administrator.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply