Dynamic Connection Manager using AD account

• When running from my desktop version, SSIS seems to be ignoring the account passed to the connection manager.
    Verified that my variables are set correctly.
    Executing select @@servername,db_name(),system_user in sql task to verify connection and returning those variables.
    Debug watch shows the system_user is the same as my desktop, Not the user passed to it...
    Have I missed something ?
    Thanks

• rsampson - Wednesday, August 16, 2017 8:49 AM

When running from my desktop version, SSIS seems to be ignoring the account passed to the connection manager.
    Verified that my variables are set correctly.
    Executing select @@servername,db_name(),system_user in sql task to verify connection and returning those variables.
    Debug watch shows the system_user is the same as my desktop, Not the user passed to it...
    Have I missed something ?
    Thanks

Do you get anything different if you select SUSER_SNAME()?

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Nope, same thing...

• I did verify the query I had before, returned correct results when I logged into SSMS as that user...

• So are you trying to connect as a SQL Server named user, by passing username and password credentials?

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Nope, Connecting to a Sql Server via Integrated Security (AD account)...not Sql Account so no password is being passed...

• rsampson - Wednesday, August 16, 2017 12:44 PM

Nope, Connecting to a Sql Server via Integrated Security (AD account)...not Sql Account so no password is being passed...

In which case, you are not 'passing an account to the connection manager', so I do not understand where the problem is. The connection will log in as you.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply