dynamic database

• hi all.we have the database that update secondly and every time,we built an cube based on a back up of this database.now,we want to move this cube on server wich database on it.does cube detect this updates on this database and execute correctly?if not,what is way for this goal?plz guid me.thanks

• Hi,

Can you please elaborate your problem? It is not clear from your problem statement ...

• hi.

we have a database that update moment by moment.and we built a cube based on back up of this database.

dose cube detect updates when move to server of this database?if not,how do i do?

• Cube does not detect changes automatically ... By default, cube gets created in MOLAP storage mode and you need to reprocess(process all, process incremental) it based on your frequency (hourly, daily, weekly or monthly etc) to get latest changes in DB. You can read about storage mode in below article...

http://www.msbiconcepts.com/2010/09/analysis-services-storage-modes.html

But if you want that cube detect changes automatically from database then use Proactive Caching. You can read about proactive caching over the net. here is one link to help you out:

http://www.mssqltips.com/tip.asp?tip=1563

Let me know if you need more inputs.

• thank u very much for guide.I select option of proactive caching(scheduled molap:update the chach periodically:1 minutes) and chang server and data source and process database and cube detect changes.and now cube on original database that chang it's data moment by moment.now I want to cube detects changing data without reprocess.it is difficult that reprocess cube moment by moment.how do this?

• Hi,

You can change following properties in caching settings(same storage option window):

1) Silence Interval

2) Silence Override interval

if Silence interval = 10 second then analysis server will remain silent till 10 seconds after first database change and if no other changes come in between then it will reprocess the cube. Suppose next change comes after 5 seconds then silence interval will be reset for next 10 seconds.

By this way, you will not be able to reprocess cube forever if db changes comes frequently(<10 seconds) because it will keep resetting silence interval. Silence Override Interval comes handy in these situations. You can set 10 min(for example) if you want to process cube after certain time. This will over ride silence interval property.

Hope this answers your question.

• This question gave me idea to write about Proactive caching feature to help my developer friends...

http://learnmicrosoftbi.blogspot.com/2010/10/implementation-of-proactive-caching-in.html

• Hello Friends.........

A dynamic database with "value-based" relationships where typically the relationship is specified at retrieval time and the locations of related records are discovered during retrieval.

Thanks

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply