dynamic sql?

• revised:

I have an SQL query that looks like this:

the only thing in these queries that is different is the month parameter, is there any way to make this entire query dynamic so I don't have to create 2 seperate queries if YTD (year to date) is 0 but still have the data come out like it is? Is there a way to make the where clause dynamic in general?

if @YTD = 0

Begin

select x.salesYr, x.Group from (select salesYr,

CommericalSales = ISNULL((Select (SUM(Sales) from tblsSales where group = 'Commercial' and salesYear = y.SalesYear and salesMonth <= @month and Pending = @PendingDeals)),0),

ResSales = = ISNULL((Select (SUM(Sales) from tblsSales where group = 'Res' and salesYear = y.SalesYear and salesMonth <= @month and Pending = @PendingDeals)),0)

from tblSales y where

salesYr in (@CYear, @PYear)

Group By salesYear) as x

End

Else

select x.salesYr, x.Group from (select salesYr,

CommericalSales = ISNULL((Select (SUM(Sales) from tblsSales where group = 'Commercial' and salesYear = y.SalesYear and salesMonth = @month and Pending = @PendingDeals)),0),

ResSales = = ISNULL((Select (SUM(Sales) from tblsSales where group = 'Res' and salesYear = y.SalesYear and salesMonth = @month and Pending = @PendingDeals)),0)

from tblSales y where

Group By salesYear) as x

end

• select x.salesYr, x.Group from (select salesYr,

CommericalSales = ISNULL((Select (SUM(Sales) from tblsSales where group = 'Commercial' and salesYear = y.SalesYear

and ( salesMonth 0 )

and Pending = @PendingDeals)),0),

ResSales = = ISNULL((Select (SUM(Sales) from tblsSales where group = 'Res' and salesYear = y.SalesYear and salesMonth <= @month and Pending = @PendingDeals)),0)

from tblSales y where

Group By salesYear) as x

You may use the logic like in the bolded part of the code.

---------------------------------------------
    [font="Verdana"]Nothing is impossible.
    It is just a matter of time and money.[/font]

• salesMonth 0

The bolded code should be like this. For whatever reason the forum's editor messed up the code when it got posted.

• salesMonth lessorequal @month and YTD = 0 OR salesMonth = @month and YTD notequal 0

S....:angry:

I am having problems with posting the correct code so I used words lessorequal and notequal instead of the operators

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply