E-Mail notifications not working

• Hello --

I have gone through the motions of setting up Database Mail on one of our servers. The settings for the Exchange server in our organization were entered via the wizard, and a test message was successfully sent to the intended e-mail account. The e-mail account in question is one that contains two individual accounts to allow for multiple recipients.

Once that was done, I created an operators user account, RODB Admins, that uses the e-mail account mentioned previously. The next step was going to a particular job, and under Notifications, configure an e-mail to be sent to the operators whenever the job completes.

The problem is that while the job does complete, the e-mail notifications are not being sent out. The error message that I am seeing in the Database Mail log is the following:

The job succeeded. The Job was invoked by Schedule 13 (Schedule 1). The last step to run was step 1 (Backup DB). NOTE: Failed to notify 'RODB Admins' via email.

What other step(s) do I need to take in order to correct this problem?

Thanks.

• After you assign the mail profile to the alert system in the agent properties you need to restart the SQL Agent so that it picks up the updated config.

• Hello --

Thanks for your reply. I went ahead and restarted the agent. The job is scheduled to run tonight, so I will post an update tomorrow on the results.

• Hello --

The email notification worked, so restarting the SQL Agent was the answer.

Thanks for the help.

• No worries, glad it sorted the issue for you.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply