Edition of 6.5 - How do I find it?

• Help

Does anyone know how to find the 'Edition' of SQL Server 6.5 after it is installed?   We are getting some strange errors with Licensing and am having a difficult time finding what 'Edition' it is.   So, how do I prove it is a 'Enterprise', 'Standard', or 'Developer/Workstation' edition?

Thanks...Jeff

"Keep Your Stick On the Ice" ..Red Green

• I believe 6.5 only had Std and Enterprise editions. If select @@version doesn't return it, I'd look through the registry keys (HKLM/Software/MS/SQL Server) for it or properties of the server in Enterprise Manager.

• execute select @@version. you may need to scroll to the right to see the part you are interested in.

• I had tried those yesterday.  Including xp_msver and SERVERPROPERTY('edition').    This is quite frustrating as the person who installed this a couple of months ago is on vacation..if I could just find the cd 🙂

"Keep Your Stick On the Ice" ..Red Green

• select @@version works on the SQL6.5 instance (Microsoft SQL Server  6.50 - 6.50.416 (Intel X86)   Jan 23 1999 14:10:24   Copyright (c) 1988-1997 Microsoft Corporation

) I recently installed with SP5a. Maybe it only works after certain SPs?  I don't know SQL 6.5 much at all and am working on one instance trying to convert the last holdout DBs now.

• Oh, ignore that post.  I just realized you asked what edition.  I don't know that.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply