Email (xp_sendmail) problem.

• Until recently email was working fine on database servers and then suddenly it stopped working, initially the problem was that It will let me send mails (through xp_sendmail) but won’t deliver it but if I start the server it will deliver all undelivered mails in one shot and again after that it won’t let me send mails.

Now after some server starts etc here is the email behavior

(1)     If I try test mail under “support services” - > “sql mail” it completes successfully (start and stopped mapi session successfully)

(2)     If I try it test mail under “sql server agent” again it completes successfully (start and stopped mapi session successfully)

(3)     If I try “xp_sendmail” from query analyzer it does deliver the first mail.

(4)     If I use “xp_sendmail” again it’s stuck and no other mail is delivered (although it says mail sent and does not give any error)

This is the same behavior or multiple database servers (I have many SQL Server 2000 servers all pointing to same exchange server)

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

• If you go to the exchange server and open the email account that SQL is using, do you see the emails? 

• No it doesn't appear there.

Thanks

• Is there a MAPI process running in TasK Manager?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply