Enterprise evaluation to Developer edition

• Hi,

We installed Enterprise evaluation edition 64 bit in development environment with SP2.But we do not want to keep enterprise evaluation edition in development environment and decided to install Developer edition and move all databases to that instance from enterprise evaluation edition.

For that we are planning to follow below procedure:

1.Backup all databases from Enterprise evaluation edition 64 bit instance.

2.Script out all the logins.

3.Uninstall Enterprise evaluation and install Developer edition 64 bit and SP2.

4.Restore all the databases

5.Run the logins script from step2 in developer edition instance.

Could you please suggest me whether the above procedure will work out or Do we need follow any other method.

thanks

mani

• You have covered pretty much the steps to transfer the databases, just keep in mind about scheduled jobs & Linked server settings etc. too.

http://vyaskn.tripod.com/moving_sql_server.htm is the best one on the reference.

-Satya SK Jayanty
    SQL Server MVP (Follow me @sqlmaster)
    Author of SQL Server 2008 R2 Administration CookBook
    SQL Server Knowledge Sharing network

• Since you are planning to move all the database.. you can also consider moving all the system database also.

So that all the settings which you might have forgot to script will also comes with the system database.

If you are considering to move system database also .

Visit the link

http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Administering/movingsystemdatabasesachecklist/1608/

• Thank you

My question is that are there any issues and special considerations as we are moving databases from higher edition(Enterprise evaluation) to Developer edition?

plz suggest me

• Mani (12/17/2008)

...are there any issues and special considerations as we are moving databases from higher edition(Enterprise evaluation) to Developer edition?

There shouldn't be, Developer Edition has the same featureset as Enterprise Edition, the only real difference is the licensing.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply