Error: 1105, Severity: 17, State: 2

• I get this error:

Could not allocate space for object 'xxx' in database 'xxx' because the 'PRIMARY' filegroup is full..

The disk has enough space - Please help

Regards

• Hello Shewtha,

Plz check the the event logs and find out for which database <primary file> it throws the error.

Go to the drive and check if there is enough space available and try to increase the primary file group.

If this doesnt help, try creating other .mdf file for that database. The other option would be to shrink the particular database.

Hope this helps.

- A

Get busy living ....or get busy dying....

• Thanks for the quick response.

There is enough disk space available and I shrink the database once a month(first saturday of every month)

The database is set to autogrow by 5 % with unrestricted file growth clause.

Also the Application logs throws this informational message: 5145: Autogrow of file in database took 62562 milliseconds. Consider using ALTER DATABASE to set a smaller FILEGROWTH for this file

I feel the autogrow is not keeping up with the loading of the data.

any suggestions/advise greatly appreciated -

Thanks in advance

• Probably correct. Is the a transaction log file or a .mdb?

I would suggest expanding that file via alter database or through enterprise manager. Then, if its feasable, do not shrink it.

• Hi, its a .mdb, I would definitely try your sugesstion.

I'll keep you posted - Thanks again

• Hi Swetha,

You may want to check this workaround from the below article.

http://support.lightspeedsystems.com/article.aspx?id=10492

Let me know if this helps !!!

Get busy living ....or get busy dying....

• Hi,

If the database file is really large then the time taken to grow it by 5% may not be quick enough to keep up with the demands of the data. maybe you should try smaller %, or switch to growing the file by a fixed size?

David

If it ain't broke, don't fix it...

• You should also check, what version of SQl server is installed. If you have MSDE version installed and your DB size has reached 2GB then you have reached the limit if DB size in MSDE version. This is just an another check point for you to be sure that you are not running MSDE version of SQL server 2000.

Also you can read this:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315512/

Hope this helps.

Raman

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply