Error 1326 Error getting file security when installing SSIS

• I'm trying to add the SSIS component to a SQL Server 2014 machine that is a secondary node in an AG test environment.  The installation part starts and about 20-40 seconds into the process I get the following error.

Error 1326. Error getting file security: L:\SQLLogs\120\DTS\Binn\ISDeploymentWizard.exe GetLastError: 5

Some Google searches for error 1326 outside of SQL Server indicate a permissions issue.  Initially I was just trying this install with the default SSIS account. I tried with an account that is a local sysadmin in Windows but still doesn't work.  Any suggestions?

• lmarkum - Monday, September 25, 2017 1:37 PM

I'm trying to add the SSIS component to a SQL Server 2014 machine that is a secondary node in an AG test environment.  The installation part starts and about 20-40 seconds into the process I get the following error.

Error 1326. Error getting file security: L:\SQLLogs\120\DTS\Binn\ISDeploymentWizard.exe GetLastError: 5

Some Google searches for error 1326 outside of SQL Server indicate a permissions issue.  Initially I was just trying this install with the default SSIS account. I tried with an account that is a local sysadmin in Windows but still doesn't work.  Any suggestions?

Is L: a local drive? If not, local admin does not help you much.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Yep Phil.  L is a local drive.

• lmarkum - Monday, September 25, 2017 2:08 PM

Yep Phil.  L is a local drive.

OK, I guess that you've already done the exact same install on the primary and everything worked OK?
    The path does look a little odd though ... I'm wondering why the install creates a root-level SQLLogs folder on a (presumably) non-system drive. And why then put an EXE in a logs folder?
    More questions than answers, I'm afraid. Good luck getting this working.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply