error 1418 in database mirroring

• hi all,

server network address ''TCP://servername.damain:5022"can not reached or does not exist.check the network address name and ports for local and remote end points are operational.

please help me

Thanks&Regards,

rishitha

• server network address ''TCP://servername.damain:5022"can not reached or does not exist.check the network address name and ports for local and remote end points are operational.

Hello Rishitha,

1. Check whether the database mirroring endpoints exist on both the instances (on all three, if you have a witness server in place)?

2. Check whether the endpoints STATE is STARTED?

3. Make sure you are giving the correct port number

4. The Database Engine account should have grant connect to permission on the endpoints.

Let me know, if it helps.

Thanks & Regards,
    Sudeepta.
    http://twitter.com/skganguly

• thank you

in my mirror server error log its giving

Database Mirroring login attempt by user 'EXT\...........$.' failed with error: 'Connection handshake failed. The login 'EXT\............$' does not have CONNECT permission on the endpoint. State 84.

when im executing this command

GRANT CONNECT ON ENDPOINT::Main_endpoint_mirroring TO [domain\myuser];

its giving

Cannot grant, deny, or revoke permissions to sa, dbo, entity owner, information_schema, sys, or yourself.

how to give grant connect permission on the endpoints for Database Engine account

Thanks& Regards,

Rishitha

• Hello Rishitha,

First of all, add the database engine account of the Primary server on the mirror server. To do that, connect to the mirror instance using SSMS, then expand Security --> Logins. Right-click on it, select New login.

Choose the login type as windows authentication, and browse for the database engine account. Select it and click on OK.

Once the login is added, you can execute the grant permission.

Sorry for my delayed response.

Thanks & Regards,
    Sudeepta.
    http://twitter.com/skganguly

• 1.check on which service your database engine is running.

2.check that service log in is present on both the principal and mirror with sysadmin server role

if not add that as login with sysadmin server role

regards,

anjali

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply