Error 14274: Cannot add, update, or delete a job

• Hi,

We have SQL Server 2000 with SP3. We have a maintenance plan for backups, integrity check.

I’m trying to include some more databases in the maintenance plan but I’m getting the below error:

Error 14274: Cannot add, update, or delete a job (or its steps or schedules) that originated from MSX server.

After getting this error, I tried to delete the Maintenance plan, it gave same error couple of times and then it got deleted. But jobs related to this maintenance plan in SQL Agent are NOT deleted and I tried to delete manually but still getting the same above error.

please advice

thanks

• If you want to delete the job, you can do that manually.

Try :

select * from sysjobs

delete from sysjobs where name = '<>' or Job_ID = <>

hope it will work.

Cheers,
    - Win.

" Have a great day "

• Have you renamed the server in recent past?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/281642

MJ

• Open sysjobs table on msdb db and update originating_server field from old server name to new

e.g. use msdb

go

update sysjobs set originating_server = ‘new server name’

• good job. it did work..if you want to disable a certain job.. no need to for the sp_dropdatabase procedure; you just need to check the msdb then sysjobs table, then change 1 to 0 from the enabled column; you may modify the properties through that table

• thanks! - update the sysjobs.orginating_server fixed the error. I deleted the jobs and maintenance plan since they were simple. Recreated the jobs with the GUI. Better than the "hint" in the MS KB article of renaming the server back to the old name <roll eyes>

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply