Error 15457

• Greetings all,

Shortly after installing the October Hot fix on a Win2k/SQL2K Server I began receiving this error message in the SQL Server log:

Error: 15457, Severity: 0, State: 1

Configuration option 'show advanced options' changed from 1 to 1. Run the RECONFIGURE statement to install..

It stopped appearing after applying SP3 and then after a couple of restarts it's shown up again. I can verify that the advanced options switch is on from QA and can change it back to 0, but what I'm puzzled about is the last part of the message where it says it "changed from 1 to 1". Is this a matter for concern? Everything else in the SQL and Event logs on this server seems to be fine. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

My hovercraft is full of eels.

• That option is not important to you, it only allows you to see all the options or just the basics. But if you are receiving that error message frecuently, you should check what's happening. I would let running a trace during all day until I find the problem.

• Thanks.

It's not that frequent and usually happens once after a restart, although sometimes will pop up in the middle of the day for no apparent reason. I was just curious if anyone else had seen it (especially after installing the hot fix) and to know if it was cause for any concern. Thanks again for your help.

My hovercraft is full of eels.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply