error 18456

• It should be completely clear by the end of this post that I know nothing about sql. However, just in case I mention it to start. I am currently supporting a customer that uses a software package the is cosely tied to a sql server. It appears to also use MS Access. (We just recently started services this account.) A user receive an error when accessing certain data. The information I wrote down is: sql state 2800

sql error 18456.

This errror pops up after a window where the user is prompted for for credentials and unchecks a box to use trusted credentials and supplies new ones. The error dialog box has always come up once then allowed the user to sign on. Now it is twice. Where do I start? With Macola the software company mabye? Sorry, for the long post.

Thank You

• This appears to be a logon error - possibly because the external app is trying to log in as sa and the sa password has been changed on the server.  But I think that you will have to speak to the authors of the software package to confirm this.

Regards

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Aaron,

We had the same error appear on certain machines in our office and could never overcome them. It was not such a big deal since, as you say, they simply uncheck the box and login.

Our problem went completely away when we moved to Access 2003 as a front end. You might try a copy and see what happens.

Bill

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply