Error

• Hi
      I have below Query and i getting this error
    Column 'TCL$CLE.Store No_' is invalid in the select list because it is not contained in either an aggregate function or the GROUP BY clause.

SELECT     L.[Store No_], L.[Customer No_],  (L.[Amount (LCY)]) AS Amount,
    (Select SUM(L.[Amount (LCY)]) - CASE ISNULL
                              ((SELECT     ABS(SUM([Amount (LCY)])) AS EXPR1
                                  FROM         dbo.[TCL$GLEntry]
                                  WHERE     ([Customer No_] = L.[Customer No_]) AND ([Store No_] = L.[Store No_])), 0)
                          WHEN 0 THEN (ISNULL
                                  WHERE     ([Customer No_] = L.[Customer No_])), 0)) ELSE ISNULL
                                  WHERE     ([Customer No_] = L.[Customer No_]) AND ([Store No_] = L.[Store No_])), 0)
                          END) AS Balance
    FROM         dbo.[TCL$GLEntry] AS L LEFT OUTER JOIN
                          dbo.[TCL$Customer] AS C ON L.[Customer No_] = C.No_
    WHERE     (L.[TType] = 7)

Thanks

• I feel like I'm on a witch hunt now, as I've asked in your questions so many times (with no reply),but Jigjitsigh, DDL and Sample data... please.

You're doing a SUM of your field SUM(L.[Amount (LCY)]) (which is from your base query) at the start of your SUB SELECT. Thus you need to do a GROUP BY in your base query or use an OVER clause and define your partitions in your SUM.

Thom~

Excuse my typos and sometimes awful grammar. My fingers work faster than my brain does.
    Larnu.uk

• Thom A - Tuesday, November 14, 2017 2:21 AM

I feel like I'm on a witch hunt now, as I've asked in your questions so many times (with no reply),but Jigjitsigh, DDL and Sample data... please.

You're doing a SUM of your field SUM(L.[Amount (LCY)]) (which is from your base query) at the start of your SUB SELECT. Thus you need to do a GROUP BY in your base query or use an OVER clause and define your partitions in your SUM.

Thanks

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply