Error at statup

• Hello all,

I'm getting an error when starting SQL2K SP3 running on Windows 2K Server.

The error message is in a message box called "Queue Manager" with an ! in a triangle and the following text:

Run-time error '-2147467259 (80004005)':

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][DBNETLIB]SQL Server does not exist or access denied.

Has anyone else come across this error and what did you do to correct it?

At this point the server will not start up, I get this message when i'm trying to manually start the SQL Server as it will not start up with the OS as it is supposed to do.

Background: No changes have been made too the server configuration. Database structure's have been changed. I've looked through all the Microsoft KB's but other problems with this error message dont seem to relate to this particular scenario. I'm afraid I might have to reinstall SQL2K. This could be a problem, might not get all the data back. However, I do have the MDF and LDF.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Isaiah

-Isaiah

• Whether you checked what ports your SQL Server is running ?

Linto

• What does the event log and sql error log report?

Andy

http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/columnists/awarren/

• Thanks Andy,

I was just starting to dg into this problem. I found the drive SQL was installed to was not allowing Write access. The access on this drive "mysteriously" changes. Changing this drive back to its original "read and write" access allowed SQL to start up normally.

Thanks again for all those who were thinking about this problem of mine. The collective karma of all the DBA's working in sync must have pointed me in the right direction.

May the server be with you!

Isaiah

-Isaiah

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply