Error creating a sql server login when choosing from local domain

• Below is the error I receive when trying to create the login for the Reporting Services web service user.

I am actually trying to create the login from the Management Studio and browsing local to select the user.

Has anyone seen this before? If so, how did you fix it? This user group is automatically created when Reporting Services is installed. Our Reporting Services will not work on this server until this group is added to the database.

Any ideas will be appreciated.

Thank you

[font="Arial Black"]Create failed for Login 'SQLSRVR64\SQLServer2005ReportingServicesWebServiceUser$SQLSRVR64$MSSQLSERVER'. (Microsoft.SqlServer.Smo)

Windows NT user or group 'SQLSRVR64\SQLServer2005ReportingServicesWebServiceUser$SQLSRVR64$MSSQLSERVER' not found. Check the name again. (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 15401)[/font]

• Have you verified that the user is setup in the domain SQLSRVR64? Have you tried just scripting it out and running as TSQL? Is your server in the same domain as the user? If not, I believe you have to allow cross domain(don't know if this is the technical term) access. We have some servers on a one domain which cannot see users in another domain unless the domains are allowed to talk to each other.

• Yes, I verified the the user group exists on the local server domain -- and I am actually selecting it from the list of user groups to make sure that it is spelled correctly. I did try using TSQL also and received the same error message.

So far it does not make sense. The group is obviously there; I can't think of a reason why SQL Server won't recognize it.

• Does this happen to return anything?

SELECT name FROM syslogins WHERE sid = SUSER_SID ('YourDomain\YourLogin')

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply