Error exporting data into Excel on SQL Server 2005 64-bit

• Hello!

I have following setup: SQL Server 2005 64-bit, 2-node cluster. Business Intelligence studio installed on both nodes. All SSIS packages are running fine on active node with exception of one. Package in question is exporting data into Excel file. I am able to run the package on passive node through BI studio after I set Run64BitRuntime property of the solution to false. I can also run using 32-bit version of dtexec:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\90\DTS\Binn\DTExec.exe" /f "d:\ssis\Packages\monthly_residential_sales.dtsx"

But when I try to run on active node using 32-bit version of DTExce, I am getting following error:

End Progress

Error: 2009-02-19 16:31:43.86

Code: 0xC0014019

Source: monthly_residential_sales

Description: The connection manager "Connection 2" will not acquire a connect

ion because the package OfflineMode property is TRUE. When the OfflineMode is TR

UE, connections cannot be acquired.

End Error

Error: 2009-02-19 16:31:43.88

Code: 0xC00291EC

Source: Drop Table Results Execute SQL Task

Description: Failed to acquire connection "Connection 2". Connection may not

be configured correctly or you may not have the right permissions on this connec

tion.

End Error

Warning: 2009-02-19 16:31:43.88

I check properties of the package and Offline property is set to False. I got different error when I try to run package on active node using 64-bit version of DTExec:

Error: 2009-02-19 16:33:16.33

Code: 0xC0202009

Source: monthly_residential_sales Connection manager "Connection 2"

Description: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_OLEDBERROR. An OLE DB error has occurred.

Error code: 0x80040154.

An OLE DB record is available. Source: "Microsoft OLE DB Service Components" H

result: 0x80040154 Description: "Class not registered".

End Error

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Igor

• Sounds like you do not have the Excel OLE DB Driver available on the active node.

Jack Corbett
    Consultant - Straight Path Solutions
    Check out these links on how to get faster and more accurate answers:
    Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
    Need an Answer? Actually, No ... You Need a Question

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply