Error Exporting to Excel

• Hello,

I have a dts package that is exporing a view to an excel spreadsheet.

The issue is that when I run it on my machine through enterprize manager, then it runs fine. but when i run in on the server it gets an error:

Source: Microsoft JET Engine:

Description: Can not find installable ISAM.

Specs on my machine:

Windows 2k pro. I have office 2000, visual studio 6, .NET( with MDAC 2.8) installed.

Server:

Wndows 2k server, Excel 2k, Access 2k, Outlook 2k and all office 2k add-ons from the cd (data access components from the cd. also MDAC 2.8 and JET Engine 2.8.

any suggestions?

thank you very much in advance.

• I just installed .NET on the server and I still get this error.

When I go into the design of the package on the server and look at the Transfer Data Task properties ( DB Conn -->(Transfer Data Task) --> Excel document ) the properties sheet shows up but when I try to go to the Destination (excel document) the error is:

Provider not initialized.

Aftermore digging I found that if I try to do an Export, through the dts import/export wizard, that my machine has MediaCatalogDB OLE DB Provider, MediaCatalogMergedDB OLE DB Provider and MediaCatalogWebDB OLE DB Provider and the Server does not. any idea what these drivers are for?

what could i be missing? ????? ???

also,

From : http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q319951

I know that I have to have jet 4.0 and mdac 2.5+ instaled on the server.

I hve jet 4.0 w/ sp 8 and mdac 2.8!!!!!

please help. I have wasted 2 days on this 🙁

• Hi

Try running this command

Regsvr32 c:\winnt\system32\msexcl40.dll

Not very sure whether this will help you out or not but can still give it a try.

Regards

Urvashi

• That worked like a charm thank you very much urvashi.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply