Error In opening MRS Reports in VS.NET 2003. (URGENT)

• Hi Members,

In our development server, we have few users, those users creates MRS/SSRS reports.

The development server is having SSRS (Sql server 2005) and MRS (VS.Net 2003 - .net framework 1.1) reporting services presents.

one of our user (User1) used to create Both type of reports like SSRS and MRS. now when he wants to open one report which is created in MRS is showing a Error which is attached with this topic. but the same MRS reports opening by other user id..

But the user (User1) can able to open and create SSRS reports in the same server but he is not able to create as well as open the MRS reports now..

My question is here..If MRS is not supporting for User1, then howcome its working for other users in the same server and also they are able to work on it?

Please see the attachment, Please help me for this

Cheers!

Sandy.

--

• I don't think you can modify\open SSRS 2005 reports in VS 2003. SQL Server 2005 installs BIDS which is a limited version of VS 2005 if VS 2005 is not installed and installs SSRS, SSAS, SSIS plugins if VS 2005 is installed. You can install BIDS along side VS 2003 using the client components setup from SQL Server 2005.

Jack Corbett
    Consultant - Straight Path Solutions
    Check out these links on how to get faster and more accurate answers:
    Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
    Need an Answer? Actually, No ... You Need a Question

• Jack,

I think you are not clear on my question.Let me clear you...

As per my question, User1 is not trying to open MRS report in SSRS enviorment.

Actually he wants to open by using Visual Studio 2003, you can say same environment use to create it . not in VS 2005. So no need to worry about that.

My question is, If MRS is opening for one user, why it is showing the error for another user..?

Cheers!

Sandy.

--

• Hi All,

This issue got resolved. Actually one of the file missed from the Application Data folder from documents and settings folder.

It got resolved once log off and login again on the remote server, it again worked fine...

Cheers!

Sandy.

--

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply