error in ssis 2008 while transfering the data excel source to sql server destination

• while transfering the data excel source to sql server destination

im getting following error

[SQL Server Destination [88]] Error: Unable to prepare the SSIS bulk insert for data insertion.

[SSIS.Pipeline] Error: component "SQL Server Destination" (88) failed the pre-execute phase and returned error code 0xC0202071.

Plz give me solution

• can you post more details about which component is producing this error..is at the source or destination..Can you post more detailed description ??

• I had taken excel source and sql server destination in data flow task in ssis 2008

when im transfering the data excel source to sql server destination it is giving above error.

instead of sql server destination i have used OLEDB destination it is working fine.

but sql server destination is not working.

then how to use sql server destination in ssis 2008

can u plz give me the solution for this?

• On systems where UAC is enabled, when an application (like SSIS) is launched by an account that is a member of the Administrators group, it gets two security tokens, one a low privileged token and another an elevated token. The elevated token is only used when the application is explicitly run under an Administrator account by choosing “Run as Administrator” option. By default SSIS always uses the low privileged token resulting in a failure when connecting to a SQL Destination.

Look at this link, you just need to set this up to run under another account.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2009672

• satishthota (4/25/2010)

I had taken excel source and sql server destination in data flow task in ssis 2008

when im transfering the data excel source to sql server destination it is giving above error.

instead of sql server destination i have used OLEDB destination it is working fine.

but sql server destination is not working.

then how to use sql server destination in ssis 2008

can u plz give me the solution for this?

Which machine is executing the SSIS package? Is this machine the same as the machine running the SQL Server database? The SQL Server Destination component can only work if the machine doing the actual execution is also the machine running the database.

---
    SSIS Tasks Components Scripts Services | http://www.cozyroc.com/

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply