error message - SELECT permission denied on object ''sysobjects'', database ''mssqlsystemresource'', schema ''sys''.

• Ok, i solved the problem,

i also uncheck db_denydatareader check and problem is solved. thanks for the solution....

• We had a similar problem with a database mail stored proc, and it was solved when we realized that the owner of the msdb database was not correct. Verify that the msdb owner is correct ('sa', or the service account, or whatever is standard for your organization). It's a long shot, but it fixed our problem.

• I had the same problem found a fix that worked.

Execute the T-SQL code below on a working servers. It doesn't matter if it's production, development or UAT server since the PUBLIC role is the same but it should be on a server with the same version.

Copy and paste the output onto the SQL server with the problem and execute. You many have to play with the format to work. Now try again and it should work.

The problem was that the PUBLIC role was either changed or modified by who or what I'm not sure. Executing the output puts back all the rights to the role and therefore fixed the problem.

Hope this helps,

Rudy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SELECT SDP.state_desc, SDP.permission_name, SSU.[name] AS "Schema", SSO.[name], SSO.[type]

FROM sys.sysobjects SSO INNER JOIN sys.database_permissions SDP ON SSO.id = SDP.major_id

INNER JOIN sys.sysusers SSU ON SSO.uid = SSU.uid

ORDER BY SSU.[name], SSO.[name]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rudy

• It look like someone would have revoked the permissions on sys.configurations

for the public role. Or denied access to this view to this particular user. or user has been created after public role removed from the sys.configurations tables.

Provide SELECT permission to public on sys.configurations object.

-

Senthil Palanisamy

Singapore - HP

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply