error ole db 0x80040E4D - Acquire connection failed 0xC0202009

• Hello,

I have a problem with the execution of a package in SSIS.

This package has 12 "execute package task" (children package).

The passwords for the connection are passed through variables.

The children packages work, while the main package fails when scheduled with

sql server agent...

I get the following errors:

An OLE DB error has occurred. Error code: 0x80040E4D.

An OLE DB record is available. Source: "Microsoft SQL Native Client" Hresult: 0x80040E4D Description: "Accesso non riuscito per l'utente 'sa'.".

The AcquireConnection method call to the connection manager "xxxx.sa" failed

with error code 0xC0202009

The errors are random and occur for one or two packages so causal... :crying:

someone is able to help, there would be very grateful 🙂

• does the variable for the connection in the parent package have the same name as the variables in the child packages?

if this is the case, then when the child package variable is changed then the parent package variable is also updated. if the parent connection credentials are different then you could get an access error.

to fix it, either change the variable names or their namespaces. by default, the variables in both the parent and child packages will be in the "user" namespace. perhaps, change the parent variable namespace from "user" to "parent".

tom

Life: it twists and turns like a twisty turny thing

• Yes, variables have the same name.

in the child package I have used this procedure to create variables

SSIS -> Package Configuration -> Add Parent Package Variable (password connection manager)

while in the parent package I created variables manually with the password for the connection.

the variables are initialized in the parent package and the value does not change

if you have other recommendations tell me well

Thanks 🙂

• Do the child packages execute in sequence, or do you have them executing in parallel?

Life: it twists and turns like a twisty turny thing

• I believe you should change the max executable threads to 12 in the package properties ...

Thanks,
    Chinna

Its the Journey which gives you Happiness not the Destination-- Dan Millman

• http://blogs.msdn.com/sqlperf/archive/2007/05/11/implement-parallel-execution-in-ssis.aspx

Thanks,
    Chinna

Its the Journey which gives you Happiness not the Destination-- Dan Millman

• the child packages execute in sequence

you have alternatives...

Thanks 🙂

• For packages those are failing, check "ProtectionLevel" property

Also Check connection pooling for SQL server. I guess The connection is not getting realeased after execution of each package.

• protection is equal for all packages

(default value: EncryptSensitiveWithUserKey)

Connection Manager -> All -> Pooling OLE DB Services

(default value: default)

Server

Maximum number of concurrent connections (0 = unlimited)

I have to change something?

Thanks 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply