Error ORA-12154 SSIS Package

• I migrated my windows server 2003 32 bit to windows server 64 bit.

Because of this i am facing following issues

1)My SSIS package which was running in 32 bit server is giving error --ora 12154 :tns could not resolve the connect identifier specified

2)SQL Server is 32 bit

3)I have changed the location of BIDS & Visual studio to 64 bit program files from Program files(X86) as parenthesis is not supported in Oracle.From that location i am able to make Packages & its running fine..

But the packages which were already made in 32 bit windows server is giving me the error --ora 12154 :tns could not resolve the connect identifier specified..

Is there any way so that it can be migrated to 64 bit so that it runs smoothly.

Please help team

• is the Oracle Client 64bit or 32bit? can you ping the oracle host successfully from the server?. Have you specified tnsnames.ora path in system environment variables?.

• Yes we have installed both 32bit & 64 bit oracle client.

Yes we can ping the server successfully.

Yes tnsnames.ora path has been specified in the system variables.

I just wanted to know that is it possible to migrate that SSIS package from 32 bit environment to 64 bit environment.

Because now onward all packages which i am creating i am able to connect but the packages which were made in 32 bit windows server gives me the error which i have mentioned in the above post

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply