Error - Possible schema corruption. Run DBCC CHECKCATALOG

• Hi everyone

Iam getting this error when i execute a procedure. "Possible schema corruption. Run DBCC CHECKCATALOG.".

I get the same error when i execute the following select statement. "select * from information_scehma.routines".

I have run the  DBCC CHECKCATALOG statement and it executes properly without giving any error messages.

While Executing DBCC CheckDB i get the same error.

Any Help will be highly appreciated

"Keep Trying"

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• The same thing has happened to us on a number of our databases.  Some of them have been repaired by running dbcc checkdb with the repair_allow_data_Loss but others have had to be rebuilt.  Currently, we have two database that report "Possible schema corruption. Run DBCC CHECKCATALOG." but running dbcc checkcatalog reports no errors and dbcc checkdb won't run at all.  Mysteriously, earlier in the day, I was able to run the checkdb and it repaired all errors.  Then, with no one at all having accessed the database, the error returned to both.  We are running these on a Dell PowerVault with Maxtor disks that were occassionally timing out.  We've applied a firmware upgrade that is supposed to resolve this issue, but that may have contributed to this.  Any advice?

• Try running INDEXDEFRAG or some times i have seen clustered index gets corroupted, drop and re-create the clustered index

good luck

• Hi , Me too facing the same error , have tried everything , DBCC checkDB shows ""Msg 211, Level 23, State 51, Line 1

Possible schema corruption. Run DBCC CHECKCATALOG.

Msg 0, Level 20, State 0, Line 0

A severe error occurred on the current command. The results, if any, should be discarded.""

but on running DBCC CheckCatalog it is not giving any error, have tried repair rebuild but of no use , tried to generate the script for particular table got same error, have tried to open table end up with same error ....there is no index(clustered or non Clustered built in the table ) .

Please help

• Please post new questions in a new thread. Include the complete output of the following.

DBCC CHECKDB (<Database Name>) WITH NO_INFOMSGS, ALL_ERRORMSGS

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • HI Gail , Thanks for the reply,

Msg 211, Level 23, State 51, Line 1

Possible schema corruption. Run DBCC CHECKCATALOG.

Msg 0, Level 20, State 0, Line 0

A severe error occurred on the current command. The results, if any, should be discarded.

whereas executing DBCC checkCatalog doesnot give any error.

i still not able to figure out the problem.

Regards

Ashish Gupta

• Please post your new question in a new thread.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply