Error showing the data in table

• Hi everyone,

I'm new in this forum. 😀

and I'm new too using SSRS.

I'm from Indonesia

I want to ask about the problem that i have encountered when i tried to create a report using SSRS 2008.

As you can see from my attachment the number on my table report not showing the number of data. It showed only "error" message. After 2 days trying to solve this problem i think i have identified the problem. The error appear due to the value too big. I have tried to divide it with 1 Billion and walaaahhh the number appeared.

Is there anyway that i can show this big number to my report??? Remember my country currency foreign exchange rate value is really have a small. US$1 = Rp. 8500

TIA

Sony

• How about leaving that division by billion and add a string that will say "Billion" -- prhaps dynamically, depending what you divide the big number.

• Hi thank you for your reply

The problem with div by billion is some of my company store has so little sales. Not even get a billion number.

But i just have the solution. I just alter the Store Procedure by change the data type from decimal(38,20) to money using convert function and everything solved... ;-):-P:-D

Why decimal(38,20) ---> Asked Microsoft why their Dynamic NAV product using this kind of data type when SQL Server has money data type.

• sonythan (8/22/2011)

Hi thank you for your reply

The problem with div by billion is some of my company store has so little sales. Not even get a billion number.

But i just have the solution. I just alter the Store Procedure by change the data type from decimal(38,20) to money using convert function and everything solved... ;-):-P:-D

Why decimal(38,20) ---> Asked Microsoft why their Dynamic NAV product using this kind of data type when SQL Server has money data type.

I'm stuck with that ERP too. The real answer is that they have to account for all possible edge cases in any company, any country. So while decimal 38,20 is definitely overkill for 90%+ of the db, they don't really have a choice.

can't wait to be able to enable compression on that DB. 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply