Errors installing reporting services

• Hi all

I've attempted to install reporting services onto two machines. Both are WinXP professional SP1, both have SQL Server Enterprise, SQL Analysis Services and Visual Studio .Net installed

The first fails halfway through the installation with an error (code -2147217398) installing wmi registration.

The second installs successfully but notes at the end that it couldn't start the reporting service and that it will have to be started manually. A check in Services reveals that the service has started, however when I try to connect to the reports web site, I get the following error

The version of the report server database is either in a format that is not valid, or it cannot be read. The found version is 'Unknown'. The expected version is 'C.0.6.43'. To continue, update the version of the report server database and verify access rights. (rsInvalidReportServerDatabase). I checked and the ReportServer database does exist on the local server (it was successfully created by the installation)

Has anyone else experienced either of these problems? Does anyone know of a solution/workaround?

Thanks very much.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • I have some problems with Win XP before .. try to uninstall IIS from ADD/Remove programs .. windows component .. then install IIS again

Alamir Mohamed
    Alamir_mohamed@yahoo.com

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply