Evaluation RS migration to full version

• Hi Guys

We have been running the evaluation version of RS for about 2 months now and I am planning to migrate to the full product. I have the media, the licences etc.

Can anyone point me in the direction of some documentation on how I should proceed or has anyone got any advice for me?

Thanks a lot

James Cross

• Go to Microsofts Reporting Services website and Technical Resources/Whitepapers

There is a good paper on deployment.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/sql/2000/deploy/rsdepgd.mspx

• Hi Gregory .

Thanks for the link, however this article still doesn`t mention how to migrate from my current eval installation (which now has a number of reports / subscriptions / security settings)  to the full version keeping all my current settings intact.

Is it a case of reinstall the full version, then redeploy every report to the new version or can I kind of upgrade to the full version?

Cheers

James

• You may want to do a search back through the RS Admin forum, I think it was Phil (philcart) who posted a message indicating that the upgrade could be done with minimum fuss - along the lines of BU the DB's and (encryption) keys, install the non-eval version on the server, point it at the existing DB and that was about it.

Steve.

• G'day Steve

Thanks for the feedback. I'll have a look for the thread you mention. If that`s the case, it sounds like music to my ears. I would like to retain my existing settings if at all possible.

Thanks again

James.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply