Event ID '1073742657' in Source 'MSSQLSERVER' cannot be found

• I periodically receive this message in the application log. I did a Google search on the ID and came up with nothing. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

System: Server 2008 Enterprise 64 bit

SQL Server 2008 clustered (active / passive)

Server and SANS unit are dedicated to the SQL Server

Application Log Entry

Date 11/30/2009 4:45:27 AM

Log Windows NT (Application)

Source MSSQLSERVER

Category (2)

Event 1073742657

Computer (Removed to protect the innocent)

The description for Event ID '1073742657' in Source 'MSSQLSERVER' cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display the message, or you may not have permission to access them. The following information is part of the event:'6', '15', 'N:\SQLData\xxx_8.ldf', 'xxx', '5', '0000000000000768', '0x000006c5aaaa00'

Pat Buskey

• Did you find an answer to this, I am having a similar problem?

By any chance do your applications resources hang with a resource conflict when failing over?

• I, unfortunately, never did find an answer to this issue.

So far every failover has worked perfectly. We are very happy with the solution. Do you get any indication as to what the resource conflict is? You might want to open that issue with a new forum posting.

Pat

Pat Buskey

• were there any resolution for that problem you reported?

it seems like we had the similar error message for different windows services after that

windows forced a restart to them....

and recently sql service actually was restarted right after these errors appear in the log

another weird thing is that i don't see these errors in the regular windows even viewer for 'windows system' log

only if i'm going to sql management studio error log's 'WindowsNT\System'

• I suspect the eventID is created by someone. You check whether the Event ID is there by running following code:

SELECT * FROM sis.message WHERE message_id ='1073742657'

The new Message ID could be added with sp_addmessage .

• I would suspect this inability to get to the registry is a service account being denied access by the OS. If your service account is just a user and not an admin, UAC should deny it write access to the registry. Similarly, I find it occurs about the same time as a SQLISPackage100 cannot be found. Is it possible that you have a job running, the job doesn't complete before the next scheduled job (same job) begins? Something along those lines might cause the problem. You might also get it if you schedule transaction logs too close together? Just a guess, but permissions and or job schedules may be the issue.

Jamie

• Here is where you can find the description of the message:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms345164(v=sql.105).aspx

I am not sure why sql cannot get the description of the source. I don't believe it is a UAC issue. I have a SQL Agent running as Local Admin and still the messages appear in the event log.

• Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply