event problem

• Hi all,

I've started tooling with SQL RS. It's great so far. Documentation sort of stinks though. I have no great books so far. I'm just trying to figure out the ins and outs. Building the reports seems to be the easy part. Snapshots and subscriptions seem more tricky. I can't get events to fire. For example, I set a report up to render from an execution snapshot. The snapshot is generated on a report specific schedule (of every 1 minute) for testing. I also set up (on the history tab of the report) to use a one-minute schedule to add snapshots to report history. Neither are happening. I've stopped and restarted Reporting Server, SQL server, SQL agent. The SQL agent jobs are firing every minute, but that is the only thing happening. The logs look fine. The datasource is using stored credentials (the windows service account). I'm having problems emailing subscriptions as well but think that it may be related. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

• 1. On the subscription page for the failing report, what's the status of it?. This will help to find out what went wrong.

2. Double-check the schedule. Sometimes RS uses a yesterday's date to start the schedule, so it will never run.

3. Check the credentials to run the report. Do they have full access to the data DB?. Do the have rights on the RS DB?.

4. On the Execution properties of the report, check that the Report Execution Timeout is set to "Do not limit ...".

5. If you run the same report several times from manually, do you get all snapshots saved too or not?.

6. Revise the setting on the report's History page, and make sure everything looks Ok.

Hope this helps.

• You need to set both the Execution and History properties to generate the snapshots.

--------------------
    Colt 45 - the original point and click interface

• I think that I messed something up in the config files.  I uninstalled and reinstalled rs and everything ran fine. I'm finding that it's much easier to manage all credentials with one sql login.

thanks

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply