Excel export NOT WYSIWYG

• Hi all,

A couple of issues with exporting to Excel, where info is lost or added (unfortunately). The grouping I use is probably at the heart of it:

a) Title is lost, when the leftmost column is collapsed (expanded/collapsed state of other grouped columns is immaterial to this). The title I use is a jpg in Layout mode (Source=External).

b) I see a 'total' column appended, if I expand columns. For example, I allow quarters to be expanded to individual months. If I expand Q3 to July, August, September, I see an unwanted 'total' column following 'September'. Apart from not being present on the report to be exported, my colour-coding of columns gets bypassed. Which means this (untitled) column seems a continuation of 'September', a result of it being appended 'on the fly' I guess. Sigh. Can't inhibit this after looking at Properties, etc...

Using Excel 2002, SP3. Fully updated.

Help on achieving workarounds on either would be appreciated...

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• We are currently testing Service Pack 2 for Reporting Services and we are not going to install it because of this issue.  If you can revert to straight Reporting Services (no service pack) you won't get the extra columns added.

I would like to go to SP2 as that will allow me to specify SimplePageHeaders to get the header actually put in the header in Excel but I can only do this if I can find a way of preventing it adding the additional columns.  I am hoping there is a device information parameter I can specify but I have found nothing documented in MSDN (however MSDN does not document the SimplePageHeaders one so I know it is not a complete listing).  Does anybody know of one which I can use which will disable the total column?

Thanks

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply