Excel Source error code 0xC020801C.

• [Source for Excel Connection Manager [1]] Error: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_CANNOTACQUIRECONNECTIONFROMCONNECTIONMANAGER. The AcquireConnection method call to the connection manager "Excel Connection Manager" failed with error code 0xC0202009. There may be error messages posted before this with more information on why the AcquireConnection method call failed.

[SSIS.Pipeline] Error: component "Excel Source" (1) failed validation and returned error code 0xC020801C.

It was working fine and all of a sudden i started seeing this error. I changed DataValidation to true and Run64BitRuntime value to false. but still i see this error.

• Has the format of the Excel file changed at all? Sheet name different? Column names different? New columns added?

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• I'm seeing this error when I'm trying to use Sql Command in the Data Access mode. I'm trying to skip 9 rows. In this try i tried to skip 8 rows that shows null values. Here is the query

SELECT F1, F2, F3, F4, F5, F6, F7, F8, F9, F10, F11, F12, F13, F14, F15, F16, F17, F18, F19, F20, F21, F22, F23, F24, F25, F26, F27, F28, F29, F30, F31, F32, F33, F34

FROM [NoRelease$]

WHERE (F5 IS NOT NULL)

• uzn2010 (4/13/2016)

I'm seeing this error when I'm trying to use Sql Command in the Data Access mode. I'm trying to skip 9 rows. In this try i tried to skip 8 rows that shows null values. Here is the query

SELECT F1, F2, F3, F4, F5, F6, F7, F8, F9, F10, F11, F12, F13, F14, F15, F16, F17, F18, F19, F20, F21, F22, F23, F24, F25, F26, F27, F28, F29, F30, F31, F32, F33, F34

FROM [NoRelease$]

WHERE (F5 IS NOT NULL)

Can you answer my question, please?

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• No, excel file did not change. No columns added or renamed. Everything is same.

• uzn2010 (4/13/2016)

No, excel file did not change. No columns added or renamed. Everything is same.

OK, thanks.

Now, regarding this part of the error message:

There may be error messages posted before this with more information on why the AcquireConnection method call failed.

The part in bold is particularly important. You have posted only one of the later errors you obtained, from what would have been a stream of errors. Can you post the others, please?

• I observed this second error in Execution task

[Connection manager "Excel Connection Manager"] Error: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_OLEDBERROR. An OLE DB error has occurred. Error code: 0x80004005.

An OLE DB record is available. Source: "Microsoft Access Database Engine" Hresult: 0x80004005 Description: "The Microsoft Access database engine cannot open or write to the file ''. It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view and write its data.".

It all started after i used the query in Sql Command.

• uzn2010 (4/13/2016)

I observed this second error in Execution task

[Connection manager "Excel Connection Manager"] Error: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_OLEDBERROR. An OLE DB error has occurred. Error code: 0x80004005.

An OLE DB record is available. Source: "Microsoft Access Database Engine" Hresult: 0x80004005 Description: "The Microsoft Access database engine cannot open or write to the file ''. It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view and write its data.".

It all started after i used the query in Sql Command.

Well that's clear enough. Someone, or something, probably has the file open and (therefore) locked.

• Thanks for the reply! All files are closed, no user is using it. I only see this error when I'm using the query. I tried using the query yesterday evening and i saw this error. I deleted the query and used Table instead, but still encountered this error . I came back this morning and tried using the table & it worked - all tasks ran green. I tried using the query again, and at this point i started seeing this error. I removed the query and using the table wont work now. Sorry for the long description, but hopefully it helps in understanding the situation.

• I have been getting file in use messages while working with Excel files, and what I discovered, after you close the files, whether manually or via source code, an Excel process is still running in the background. You could end up with multiple background process. One fact to note, if you issue a garbage collection clean up command from your source code, the background processes are not removed immediately.

• Thank you, that explains the issue :-). I tried to execute after couple hours and it worked.

But my question still remains open, why i'm not able to use Open Row Dataset option or Sql Command Query to skip first 9 rows?

Is there any other option to skip first 9 rows like Using Conditional SPlit or derived column task?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply