Excel source task fails saying source file does not exist

• Hi All,

I have a package which contains a data flow task to read Excel file and populate a DB table. Excel source task will read input file from the INPUT folder and process them and at the end it will move the processed input files to the Archieve folders. So, some times there will not be any input files present (if support team does not populate new input files) in the INPUT folder and my package thorws error that source file does not exit.. Any one knows how to fix this issue? I wanted to make package run irrespective of whether input file present or not

Thanks in advance.

Suresh

Regards,
    Suresh Arumugam

• Put your dataflow in a Foreach container ...

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Thanks for your reply.

My Data Flow task is in For Each Loop container only. But still it says that "check that the object exists". Please help.

I wanted my package to run successfully even with out any input files present in the INPUT folder.

Thanks all,

Suresh

Regards,
    Suresh Arumugam

• You might try setting DelayValidation/ValidateExternalMetadata to True/False on your Source.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Where and when do you get the error? Can you post your package or some screenshots?

To make the package successful, raise the MaximumErrorCount property at the package level.

You may also find this task interesting (never tried it).

Regards,

Willem
    http://wschampheleer.wordpress.com[/url]

• Thanks a lot!

It worked as expected.

Regards,

Suresh

Regards,
    Suresh Arumugam

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply