Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown

• Hi

On one of my servers since some time, when I go in Management Studio to Management -> Maintenance Plans -> right click on one maintenance plan from list and choose View History, after some time of loading log I receive error "Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown"

Did anyone encounter this type of issue?

• Sometimes those errors can be fixed using service packs.

What is the build version of your sql instance?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [highlight]Recommended Articles on How to help us help you and[/highlight]
    [highlight]solve commonly asked questions[/highlight]

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help by Jeff Moden[/url]
    Managing Transaction Logs by Gail Shaw[/url]
    How to post Performance problems by Gail Shaw[/url]
    Help, my database is corrupt. Now what? by Gail Shaw[/url]

• Thank you for both replies 🙂

the version is 9.00.3042.00

• k.przewozniak (10/13/2009)

Thank you for both replies 🙂

the version is 9.00.3042.00

ok, that is Service Pack 2

the latest build is

I would suggest when you have the next maintenance window, move to the next service pack.

this link is one that lists the build versions

http://www.sqlsecurity.com/FAQs/SQLServerVersionDatabase/tabid/63/Default.aspx

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [highlight]Recommended Articles on How to help us help you and[/highlight]
    [highlight]solve commonly asked questions[/highlight]

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help by Jeff Moden[/url]
    Managing Transaction Logs by Gail Shaw[/url]
    How to post Performance problems by Gail Shaw[/url]
    Help, my database is corrupt. Now what? by Gail Shaw[/url]

• I've seen this too, along with other problems in SSMS. (check your event log for errors).

This could be caused by corrupted Management Studio user data. Someone said that this could fix SSMS crash problem. Just a simple step, try it.

Go to:

1. %SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings\<user>\Application Data\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Tools

2. Delete the 'Shell' folder. This folder will be rebuilt when you start SSMS. You will lose your connected server history, but you should retain recent files, etc.

• I have had that problem before, I had reinstall SQL not all of sql just the components pieces I believe. if i remeber correctly the compenent pieces hold the info for the maintenance stuff, mostly vb.net files

• I actually come across this error quite often and we have service pack 3.

Sonal.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply