Execute Package Task parameters

• I'm trying to execute a child package from a parent package and want to pass in a variable.

I have got the a parent package with the Execute Package Task executing the child package and this works fine but what I need to do is to pass some information (in a pacakge variable) from the parent to the child.

Any ideas how I do this?

Jez

• You do it through Package Configurations. Enable package configurations in the *Child* package. Add a configuration and choose "Parent Package Variable" from the list and type in the Variable Name from the parent package, then you will be given an option to choose what local variable you want to use. Use Value under properties for the variable. Be sure to give the local variable a default value or it will be difficult to test, if you don't then you cannot run the child package directly you will ALWAYS have to call it from the parent, even during development, and I can tell you, that sucks.

Once you get it set up it just works!

CEWII

• Thanks. It had to be around somewhere & I just couldn't find it.

Jez

• It is really not obvious until you understand it, then it is really a, "I can't believe I didn't see that.."

CEWII

• You need to open the Child Package separately and do the Package Configuration Settings

• I think we solved his problem a year ago..

CEWII

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply