execute step

• Hi, how to execute individual tasks in SSIS.

I have 3 steps in my SSIS package.

1. truncate table

2. transfer data from flat file to table

3. execute stored procedure

I tried to execute 1st step manually. I know we have "execute step" in DTS. But I coundn't find in SSIS.

Please help me.......

Thank You

Jyosthna

• 1) truncate table, Use SQL task ( Control flow tab)

2) transfer data from flat file to table , Use data flow task in control flow tab and then , use flat file as source and OLE DB destination

3) execute stored procedure, Use SQL task again ( Control flow tab)

• and in order to execute each step in control flow tab, right click each of the tasks and click on Execute task

• Hi Grasshoper, thanks for your reply.

I already created SSIS package, but my question is how can i exectue individual tasks. If I want to execute just truncate table (1st step), how can i do that. I don't see any "execute step" what we have in DTS.

Thank you

• If you right click on the step in the Control Flow tab, it allows you to "Execute Task". This will only execute the specific step you are on. Now if you are in the Data flow section, i'm not aware of a similar option.

• actually I am on control flow tab, if i right click on the step I do see "edit, disable............upto properties", but I don't see "execute step or execute task"

Thanks

• I'm not sure what to tell you other than depending on what control object you are right clicking on you may not have that option.

But if you were to click on a SQL Execute task (as suggested above) you would see the following options.

I guess the real question then becomes...what control objects do you currently have in your package that don't seem to be giving you the execute option?

• hmm thats interesting, I don't have "execute task" and "edit breakpoints".

Thanks again

• Joshi (7/29/2009)

hmm thats interesting, I don't have "execute task" and "edit breakpoints".

Thanks again

Where are you trying to execute the step from? What Adrian showed you is from BIDS.

John Rowan

======================================================
    ======================================================
    Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url] - by Jeff Moden

• if i create package from BIDS, I can see "execute task" option.

Some of them I migrated form DTS to SSIS, those if i open from BIDS, I can't see "execute task".

Thanks

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply