Executing DTS package

• I have created a DTS package in my SQL SERVER 2000. My Pakage copies a Excel file containing 2 tables from a Shared PC

When i try to run it by using

set @cmd='dtsrun /S servername /N viv /E'

exec master..xp_cmdshell @cmd

I got the following Error

Error string: The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file '\\X.X.X.X\Data_Sheet.xls'. It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data.

Can anyone help. If i run the DTS directly it works.

• If you run it, it is running as you. Check to make sure that the service the SQL Server Agaen is running under has proper permisions to the shared folder and the file.

• the SQL Server Agaen is running under has proper permisions to the shared folder and the file.

How can i set this permission?

• I'd talk to your system admin.

• I just wanted to know the user name associated with the SQL Server agent.

If theer is any means to find that. it would be great

• vivek.philip (12/21/2009)

I just wanted to know the user name associated with the SQL Server agent.

If theer is any means to find that. it would be great

That isn't what you asked. Run SQL Server Configuration Manager on the server in question. You will see the account the SQL Server Agent is running under.

• For future reference, please note that this is a SQL Server 2008 forum, and in general, you will get better response to yoru SQL 2000 questions in the corresponding SQL Server 7,2000 Forum.

[font="Times New Roman"]-- RBarryYoung[/font], [font="Times New Roman"] (302)375-0451[/font] blog: MovingSQL.com, Twitter: @RBarryYoung[font="Arial Black"]
    Proactive Performance Solutions, Inc.
    [/font]
    [font="Verdana"] "Performance is our middle name."[/font]

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply