executing migrated analysis processing dts package in sql 2005

• I have migrated about 6 dts packages from sql 2000 to sql 2005.All these packages consist of analysis processing tasks.[eg full process of a cube partiton,incremental process ofa cube partiton]

Our environment is such that all the cubes are in sql 2000.So I went and changes the data sources for all the analysis databases  in the 2000 analysis server from sql 2000 to sql 2005 because all the databases now reside in sql 2005 servers[by the way we have migrated all the sql 2000 servers to sql 2005]

My question is after migrating these packages containing analysis processing tasks using business management studio..should I be able to run this successfully or do I need to change anything else.We have left the old dts packages on sql 2000 as it is.

Because when I go to edit of the migrated package and go to edit package option I can see the old dts package and when I click on properties it is pointing the sql 2005 servers and databases.

Could anyone let me know as soon as possible.Thanks

• I'm having difficulty determining your environment. I gather that the DTS packages are on 2005. The relational data, the data mart, is also in 2005. And lastly, the Cubes are still on 2000. The dts packages got to 2005 by running the dts package migration tool against 2000?  If this is the correct, then you should be good to go.

• .My cubes are on sql 2000.But all databases referencing these cubes are now in sql 2005.There were sql 2000 dts  packages which were created to refresh these cubes when the databases were in sql2000.Now after we migrated the servers to sql 2005 I had to go and migrate these dts 2000 packages which refreshes the 2000 cubes to sql 2005 using the  "migrate 2000 package" wizard in Business management studio.The migrated package shows up as as "dts package execution task" in sql 2005.

My question was ,Should I able to execute this package successfully and refresh the sql 2000 cubes ,provided the datasources for my cubes are sql 2005 servers and sql 2005 databases or do I  need not make any changes to this package in sql 2005 before execution.

Thanks

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply