Existing DTS lost text column definition

• Hello all. I created a while ago a few DTS packages to extract some data for one of our clients. The DTS is very simple. It pulls data using a select statement and creeates a text file. Nothing fancy, very straight forward. It has been working for almost a year without any known issues.

Well this is the case, Yesterday I had to modify the job and add a new coulmn.

When I opened the package in design view, the text column definition were not showing. I have some other packages for the same client (select, creates txt file) and everything is fine with those! Weird? I think it is very weird, but ... you always learn something new!

Then, I chose the option to populate from source. It never did and closed my application. No messages, no errors anywhere (sql log or win viewer)

Then I tried to create a similar package from scratch, using the same select statement and it did the same. Then, I tried to create a new one with just a very simple select (two columns) and it did exactly the same. It closed EM with no errors or messages!

Any ideas? Your help is always very much appreciated!

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• After you added the new column and you choosed populate from source did you also update the transformation step to include the new column?

• I did not have the chance to add the new column. The text file definition did not show up at all. That is why I tried to create a new one with a very simple select statement. When I went to the destination tab and tried to populate the destination from source EM hang and closed after a few minutes. No errors, no messages. Wierd, isn't it? Thank you

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply