Export tables into multiple files

• Hi,

I need to export the multiple tables in sql server 2005 to multiple text file using SSIS. Can any one help me out on this?

For example data from 5 tables should be exported to 5 different flat files using SSIS.

Thanks,

Anitha

• You can use Dataflow task for this. In database task, take OLEDB source and give the connection to your db and select the table you want to export. Now select flat file destination and connect it.

Repeat the same for all the other tables

ek

• Ist step,

Open SSMS, right click on the DB that you exporting tables from, point to Tasks, click Export Data.

Select DataSource as Flat File Destination, give path (folder and file name)

Select table name for the data source.

Donot execute, save the package to SQL Server, Name package and provide description of package.

2nd Step,

In object Explorer in SSMS, connect to Integration Services, after connection, expand Stored Packages, expand MSDB, you will see your package name you save it on Ist step, right click and run the package.

You will find .txt file in your folder. Repeat for other tables.

• Hi,

Thanks for your replies. But I need to perform for multiple tables in single package.

Thanks,

Anitha

• anithagovindarajalu (9/1/2009)

Hi,

Thanks for your replies. But I need to perform for multiple tables in single package.

Thanks,

Anitha

Is this not off-topic? Should be SSIS not BI ??

At any rate: Expand on EK's solution.

Use BIDS - one has to learn it eventually.

Try 5 OLEDB Sources to 5 FlatFile Destinations inside a single DataFlow Task.

Try 5 Dataflow tasks ... one OLEDB Source - FlatFile destination pair in each.

Try a FOR EACH loop if you can supply parameters with table names/flatfile names.

Good luck and happy learning!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply