Export Varbinary variable to XML

• I have to supply to my customer an XML file with the details of daily broadcasting schedule.

As one of the fields, there is a Synopsis, saved as Varbinary.

As I am not familiar yet with SQL 2005 to XML export, I get messages I can't understand.

Any help to proceed will be more than appreciated.

Kind Regards!

• what messages are you getting

Everything you can imagine is real.

• Sorry, was too excited... here is the message:

Msg 6830, Level 16, State 1, Line 3

FOR XML AUTO could not find the table owning the following column 'Synopsis' to create a URL address for it. Remove the column, or use the BINARY BASE64 mode, or create the URL directly using the 'dbobject/TABLE[@PK1="V1"]/@COLUMN' syntax.

I use SQL2005 on 32bit Windows 2003 Server

• If I do use MODE 64, than I get the HEXA characters list, f.e. 4797677535A4F6F4B6

If I try to convert it by using CAST(my_varbinary AS VARCHAR(XXX)) I get only ONE tag

I can't read it.

The whole Binary issue had started here because we need to save Synopsis in many languages...

THX AGAIN

• Zeev Kazhdan (6/13/2008)

Sorry, was too excited... here is the message:

Msg 6830, Level 16, State 1, Line 3

FOR XML AUTO could not find the table owning the following column 'Synopsis' to create a URL address for it. Remove the column, or use the BINARY BASE64 mode, or create the URL directly using the 'dbobject/TABLE[@PK1="V1"]/@COLUMN' syntax.

I use SQL2005 on 32bit Windows 2003 Server

Show us the query that goes along with this.

[font="Times New Roman"]-- RBarryYoung[/font], [font="Times New Roman"] (302)375-0451[/font] blog: MovingSQL.com, Twitter: @RBarryYoung[font="Arial Black"]
    Proactive Performance Solutions, Inc.
    [/font]
    [font="Verdana"] "Performance is our middle name."[/font]

• I had this error and it was because i of my columns was encrypted.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply