exporting data to excel with dynamic column names

• Hello,

In SSIS I need to export the data to excel. While doing that is it possible to export the columns names too in the excel because the columns names in my table to exported are dynamic.

As per my understanding I need to fix the template, but here is it possible to export the columns name too??

I am stuck, pls help !!

Regards,

Madhur

• Are you saying that the columns themselves are the same, but just that the column names are different?

Or that you want to dynamically select which columns are exported and that their number and type may vary?

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• There will be 15 columns total.. out of this 5 columns will have columns names as 2011_Q1, 2011_Q2.. like wise...Thus there will be 5 columns which will be dynamic

Please let me know if further clarification is required.

• bhatiamadhur (9/28/2011)

There will be 15 columns total.. out of this 5 columns will have columns names as 2011_Q1, 2011_Q2.. like wise...Thus there will be 5 columns which will be dynamic

Please let me know if further clarification is required.

How do you setup your columns to be dynamic? The standard SSIS data flow is static at runtime.

---
    SSIS Tasks Components Scripts Services | http://www.cozyroc.com/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply